Monday, May 4, 2009

Writing a Statement


Top: Stilts (Trunk Series), 2009, pencil and acrylic on wood, 8 1/4 x 3 3/4 x 1 3/4 inches
Bottom: The Long Column (Trunk Series), 2009, pencil and acrylic on wood, 8 1/4 x 4 x 1 3/4 inches

I enjoyed drawing the trees in my Rabbit series so much that I wanted to create a body of work dedicated to trunks.  These two vertical diptychs are part of the new series.    

I'm trying to finish my artist statement and am finding it really difficult to accomplish.  I can't summarize without sounding too vague and can't go into detail without getting to weighty.  It's a difficult balance that intimidates.  I'm hoping procrastination will help.  Or perhaps a drink...  

2 comments:

  1. I would go with one part procrastination and two parts drink..couldn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete