Saturday, May 16, 2009

Storm King Art Center









Here are some photos from the Storm King Art Center, where Jack and I spent a beautiful rainy afternoon last week.  The clouds eventually gave way to sun as we were leaving the park; a very uplifting experience.   Someone asked me whether Maya Lin's Wavefield was worth the experience.  I think it is - if you're going to Storm King anyway, definitely take the time to walk through the grassy waves before climbing to higher ground to see them from above.  Since the grass is rather tall and had been wet that day, my enjoyment of the walk was a little marred as my sneakers got soaked through and through.  But overall yes, definitely worth experiencing.  The temporary exhibition, Maya Lin: Bodies of Water, on view inside the visitor's center, is also a must-see (up through November 15).      

No comments:

Post a Comment