Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday I Saw...



This week I predict there will be less getting work done and more seeking out inspiration.  I spent the first half of today visiting friends and co-workers at the American Museum of Natural History, one of whom, Anibal Rodriguez, I needed to photograph as a model for a new painting.  (Anibal is portrayed alongside Jack in my painting, La Conversacion.)  I'd love to display some of my photos of him here but since I haven't yet decided which one to use for the painting, I'll momentarily keep them on file.  

The first photo above shows part of Anibal's windowsill in his office, which is located in the Anthropology Dept.  I didn't ask him how long he's had these objects arranged this way, whether they were placed happenstance or were a strategic effort in office decor, but I found this small, personal touch emblematic of the museum itself.     

The second and third photos are views from my apartment window.  There was a sun shower this evening that produced the clearest and most complete rainbow I think I've seen in years.  And I love the purple flowers that this tree produces, which resemble little bells or fairy hats.  I wish I could remember the name of this species of tree - I don't think it is a native species, but feel free to correct me on this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment