Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Art on Water


The artist SWOON and her crew of artists, musicians and dreamers crashed the Venice Biennale this year with their fleet of three ships known as the Swimming Cities of Serenissima, made of found objects and "treasures".  All I can say is that I wish I had been a participant of this project.  With Jack's boating experience and my dance moves, we would have been a valuable part of the crew...or so I happen to think.  Swoon, I'm swooning for you!  Please, please, please take me with you next time.     

1 comment:

  1. Saw these ships (or some variation of 'em) when they were anchored in teh East River last Fall. Chatted w/ one of the captains, and heard story of thre being made up in Ithaca and subsequently sailed all the way down the Hudson to the show at Deitch. There seems to be a bit of an art boat scene in Brooklyn, what with the Swoon crew and these folks:

    http://www.missrockaway.org

    You should totally contact them and get on board!

    ReplyDelete