Thursday, April 2, 2009


Untitled, 2009, ink, acrylic, pastel on paper

One of my latest Rabbit drawings.  The unfortunate incident with this drawing, which I happen to love most so far of this series, is that I needed to spray it with pastel fixative which ended up leaving blotchy markings on the paper.  The scanner also picked up the warped texture of the brown paper, creating ghostly white spots.  I had been thinking of making limited digital prints of the drawing but I'm not sure I love the scanned and printed results so far.  I'll have to play around with it a bit more and may need to move away from using brown kraft paper and back to watercolor paper, which is too bad since I prefer the former.       


1 comment:

  1. Hi Carla. I think the paper has a voice in this quiet piece. And I like it. The lines of the tree are so nice, as is the soft edge of the paper. Beautiful rabbit drawing.

    ReplyDelete